The Civil Aviation Authority of Sri Lanka CAASL) announced yesterday that the Mattala and Ratmalana International Airports are permitted for operations of international airline/ corporate jet operations for the purpose of Technical Landings/Refueling Only subject to conditions to certain conditions in view of the COVID-19 pandemic.
These will include adherence to procedures detailed by the Quarantine Unit – Ministry of Health Sri Lanka and CAASL
Airline crew rest will be permitted on the following conditions: -
• Crew members shall obtain their rest at a predetermined nearest hotel to the relevant airport and shall maintain self-quarantine at the respective hotel.
• It is not mandatory to provide a ‘Corona free medical certificate’ in respect of each crew member operating the flight.
• At the entry and until they exit from Sri Lanka the crew is required to adhere to the following procedures detailed by the Quarantine Unit – Ministry of Health Sri Lanka and CAASL.
• Crew shall undergo thermal scanning at the airport.
• Crew shall hand over the duly completed Health Declaration Form to the Airport Health Office. After the necessary health clearance, the crew will be permitted to enter Sri Lanka
• Crew is strictly instructed to self-quarantine in their rooms at location mentioned in the health declaration form (predetermined Hotel) and have meals only through in-room dining until they operate the next flight out of the Airport to their planned destinations under strict instructions given by the Ministry of Health and Civil Aviation Authority of Sri Lanka.
• Crew shall wear a mask when entering the airport and when in contact with others inside the country.
• Each crew member shall maintain a distance of at least 01(one) meter with others.
• Crew shall practice hand hygienic measures.
• Crew shall be transported by an identified vehicle and vehicle cleaning measures shall be carried out by relevant agencies.
• Technical and cabin crew who arrive on flights other than the scheduled passenger flights to Sri Lanka should follow the procedures and hygienic measures adopted by the Sri Lankan government.
• All International Airports in Sri Lanka shall be maintained to public health standards according to CAASL General Direction 010.