Cabinet has approved several new proposals granting further relief to the tourist industry which has been hit hard by the COVID-19 outbreak.
The new concessions approved announced today are listed below:-
• Providing loan facilities on the basis of pay back within a period of 5 years with two years concessionary period under an interest of 4% for payment of salaries of Rs.20,000 per head for the staffs of tourist hotels, end tour management companies registered under the Tourism Development Authority for six months.
• Providing loan facilities for the payment of Rs. 15,000 each for those serving in the other institutions related to tourism including restaurants, cafeterias, massages centers and physical health centers registered under the Tourism Development Authority for 6 months.
• One - time payment of Rs. 20,000 per tourist guide registered under the Tourism Development Authority by the Sri Lanka Tourist Development Authority.
• One - time payment of Rs. 15,000 per tourist drivers registered under the Tourism Development Authority by Sri Lanka Tourist Development Authority.
• Providing facilities to pay the electricity and water bills payable from 1 March 2020 to 31 August to 1 September 2020 in 12 equal installments and to enjoy the facilities without any disturbance during the given period without any power or water cut.
• Extending the concessionary period of 6 months given for payment of leasing installments in the tourism trade up to 12 months without any delayed charges.